Tuesday, November 20, 2007


Trip to Nainital (Part 1)


I came early from the office that day. We were supposed to leave at around 3pm and were a group of 8 people. Since I was the first one to reach back home from office I started following up with all....and Our house was the meeting point :). Everyone took their own sweet time to finish their work at the office and come. Finally, after many calls to and fro, everyone managed to come by 9.30pm. Not Bad at all ;)

And.. guess what.... we were still to decide where to go...hehehe...The choices were Nainital, Shimla, Palampur....mmmm...thats it....na na we even discussed the option to go to Chandigarh....

After a loong discussion....
another hour...we decided to go to Nainital. I was happy as I had never visited Nainital before. :) We picked up 3 cassettes of RD Burman / Gulzar combo. Why I am mentioning this here is because these song were the most important and enjoyable part of the trip. Imagine we listened to the same songs time and again....the whole trip....same 10 songs.. :)

So finally we started. There were 2 cars...Avijit's and Agni's....Now the discussion was who will sit where....Why?
Well.....you would have been in the trip to know why.....Very smartly in slipped into Avijit's car with my luggage... :)....and I was very happy for this accomplishment.



We had Avijit, Baby, me and Anirban in one and Agni, Lokendar, Mrs Lokendar, and Agni's friend in the other. Just imagine even after spending 3 days together I don't know their names. Not because I
didn't speak to them but just that we called Lokendar's wife as Bhabhiji and Agni's friend...well... my mistake I forgot.





All of us had got long list of instructions from our parents......They were extra worried because....one - we were traveling in monsoons... two - we were driving ourselves... three - we decided to travel at night to save a day... four - all of us are adventure freeks....five - well... will not bore u with a long list..:)

We were listening to soft music ...the one I mentioned earlier.... and enjoying the drive; and suddenly at around 2pm we woke up...to see that we ALL were sleeping...including the driver ;) Then? then what, we stopped and asked the policeman...
don't ask me what was he doing there at this hour..... if there is any decent guest house around to spend a few hours....now does that remind you of Jab we met. ;)

After a search of just half an hour we were able to find one. We decided to spend night....
rest of the night actually...there. Oh! but where is the other car. There it was finally... another 15 min. :)

Took 2 rooms....all ladies in one and all men in one...
was there any need to mention it...Well..there is....
Those who know me would know that I have very few traits of a typical lady...:) So I h
ad a tough time with 2 ladies...typical ladies :)...They had many questions for me.....Why don't I wear bindi and sindoor, How many ssilk sarees do I have in my wardrobe, where do I shop my grocery from,.....again don't want to bore you with full list....I listened to them and agreed that I should actually follow what they suggested......Well...They had the majority ;).....So the next day I wore kurta, jeans...couldn't wear saree/ suit as I did not bring any.....with a small bindi and kum kum (sindoor)....I was looking good...as always ;)

It is important here to introduce them.....

Mrs Lokendar from Meerut...just married...typical housewife...

Baby, also called Mrs. Avijit from Bengal, married some 10 years back.....learning Rabindra sangeet these days....

And you know me.....
Shailza, orignally from Himachal now settled in Delhi with Anirban. Easygoing, frank, honest and creative.....Want to make world a better place to live in...
I am contributing my bit I guess... :)...

See the difference in the way all 3 are introduced and believe me I have just narrated the way these 3 ladies will introduce themselves...

Not that I do not support being a house wife. I enjoy being an ideal wife, ideal bahu and may be I'll be ideal mom in future....but at the same time, I strongly support the fact that one should have her own identity as well....ME as a person....What say?

EXCUSE ME FOR THE FORMATTING. WAS TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS FOR THE FIRST BLOG ;)
THE NEXT ONES WILL DEFINITELY BE BETTER :)

PART II, coming up soon.....



No comments :